More and More

Friday, January 8, 2016

Letter of Intent

Someone told me i needed to start a blog to document my foray into data science. Not so much to hype up my Data Science skills,which are currently in their infancy at best, but to aggregate the resources i find and use and hopefully help others that are interested in finding out more.

I have never been a good hype man for myself, despite a professional history with more sales jobs that anything else. Despite an occasional flicker of success in that arena I have never felt comfortable in the role.

One thing that has always been there is my interest in finding out why. The interest in digging into the behaviors and numbers to discover what works. Then convey that to others who are better at the implementation of this new information. I honestly believe this is why I am a better sales manager than salesman. Go figure.

The last year or more has been spent researching different aspects of data, data science, DBA roles, business intelligence (BI), BI technology, and on and on.

My goal is to make this site useful to others in my boat. My plan is to update  and post regularly, likely weekly in summary of what has been happening in the last 7 days of class, study, work, and research. Sometimes it may be a quick note attached to an article of site that i found useful. It might be me losing my mind because of an assignment or technical issue.

In the end I hope it is useful, first and foremost, reassuring in  that it lets others know that they aren't alone drifting in the DS ocean… there are tons of us a drift just out of site of each other…

A couple laughs, some random info, and all the other things that inevitably bleed into these types of projects will present themselves along the way.

Thanks and Enjoy,

Zak

No comments:

Post a Comment